Add these five foods to your regular diet to help speed up your metabolism and burn more fat.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.shape.com
Some of these foods may come as a surprise to you. However, the right diet incorporating Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Whole Grains, Grapefruit, Green Tea, and Peppers can help you burn fat.
1. Packed with Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Tuna, Salmon, and Sardines increase the production of a hormone called Leptin. Leptin revs up your metabolism and increases the calories you burn.
2. Grapefruit – This should come as no surprise. Grapefruit contains naringenin, an antioxidant that helps your body use insulin more efficiently, which keeps your blood in check.
3. Whole Grains – For Example, Rolled Oats takes more energy (calories) to digest. The same is true of most dark-complex carbohydrates.
4. Green Tea stimulates the nervous system with a substance called epigallocatechin (you don’t want to hear the way I pronounce it). Experts suggest that e ups a day can burn 80 calories.
5. Hot Peppers – You’ve got to spice things up. Jalapenos, Habaneros, and cayennes add flavor and a chemical called capsaicin. Just like Green Tea, on its own, this can increase your metabolism enough to burn some additional calories.
I hope this Top 5 Fat Burning Food List is helpful. For more on these foods including a few useful recipes hit this link: Top 5 Fat Burning Foods with Recipes