TATIANA’S HEALTHIER ORANGE CHICKEN
- 1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large orange, juiced; plus ½ for extra orange juice if necessary
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon green onions, diced into thin rounds
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Coat the chicken evenly with cornstarch and garlic, set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together oils, orange juice, soy sauce, and honey. Add chicken to the mix (don’t add cornstarch if any left from soaked chicken).
- Heat up a large skillet or wok to a medium temperature. Cook chicken until the inside of chicken is white, stirring the chicken and sauces around the skillet. If at any time your sauce is thickening before the chicken has cooked through, simply add a little more orange juice to thin it.
- Divide into four equal servings. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, serve immediately with white or brown rice and side of steamed broccoli J
YIELD: 4 servings
EACH SERVING (WITHOUT RICE)
CALORIES: 304 TOTAL FAT: 12g SATURATED FAT: 1g CARBOHYDRATES: 22g PROTEIN: 26g